SAP Jam – Senior Software Developer - Shanghai
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
You will be working as a Senior Developer in a Scrum team to work on SAP Jam. You will help to build, scale, integrate and extend SAP Jam- SAP's enterprise social networking product. SAP Jam brings together several types of social collaboration including social networking, collaboration with external participants (customers, recruits, partners, vendors, suppliers), structured collaboration for problem solving (business tools to strategize, rank items, enabling groups to weigh in on options, etc.), and business process integration. We emphasize teamwork and a trust-based working model. Collaboration with other teams in an international environment will be a regular part of your work. Wherever possible, we offer opportunities for professional development and coaching. As we are not only designing and developing our offerings but also run them, you should be open for the mindset of DevOps and SRE.
One part, SAP Jam team in Shanghai will focus on creating developer and integration toolkits for SAP Jam on the SAP Cloud Platform, working on Jam APIs and integration widgets, and working on end-to-end integrations with various integration partners. The second is Platform: DevOps, Security (including Authentication and Authorization), Administrative Functionality, Performance Engineering and Platform Architecture. We are a team for people who love systems and back-end work, but also step into front-end work from time to time. Because of the nature of the topics, we work closely with many other teams both inside and outside SAP.
The SAP Jam team works in a fast-paced engineering environment working with current technologies. The team has strong engineers to learn from and share knowledge with. We also have the satisfaction of working on a product that has many actual users and so each developer’s contributions can have a tangible and noticeable impact.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Drive, design, and develop new features by working with Product Management, User Experience, and Software Testing to elaborate on the features, estimate task time, and then quickly write high-quality code for complex features. Work in a scrum development project model, with a daily team scrum meeting, and a weekly production deployment Participate actively in requirements gathering, design, and code reviews Work with other Jam Engineering teams and Operations teams located at other SAP locations such as Vancouver, Shanghai, Palo Alto, India, Germany and elsewhere. Be excited about keeping up with technology and changing tools, environments, and an agile development process where weekly deployments across multiple data centers world-wide is the norm.
Enjoy a strong technical environment where all members of the Jam engineering team - including management, are close to the code, and making technical contributions.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Required experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- The ability to solve technical computer problems by writing actual working code; this is very much a hands-on position.
- The ability to learn new technologies
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Interest in working directly with colleagues across sites
- Easy to work with and adaptable to change
- Initiative and the desire to improve
Desirable experience and qualifications:
- Evidence of excellence in some capacity (could be via personal projects, exceptional success in some endeavor, etc.)
- Interest in technology as evidenced by knowledge of various forward-facing technologies, personal projects, contributions to open source etc.
- Interest in advanced programming languages
- Graduate degree
- SAP Cloud platform development experience will be a plus
- 6+ years of experience in a development organization.
- Working knowledge in REST/oData/JSon
- Knowledge in cloud scale distributed systems
- Willingness to take responsibility, drive new developments, and work creatively on challenging and groundbreaking development tasks in accordance with the highest technical standards, plus a high level of commitment, team-spirit, flexibility, and initiative